Guatemala Day 3: Mi Amigo Jose

Well the homes are complete and we said goodbye to the families today. What an amazing feet to go from house to house, present gifts, prayed over the homes and then headed to the base for a good nights rest. Well the best of the trip so far anyway. I will say what a great perspective when you see the inside of the homes with crosses and Bible verses on them. Knowing that as these families are presented the gospel, all 6 families accepting Jesus into their lives, then being surrounded by those verses as a reminder of God’s love and to have a safe place to go for peace and sanctuary. The team I was on worked with a family whose Dad Jose had the head knowledge of the Bible and knew God was working in the village but was also one that accepted Christ and one I made a connection with as we worked on his new home. I felt challenged as a Dad watching him with his kids, not that I’m a bad Dad or not showing them Christ, but seeing Jose read the Bible to his son and watching him love on them, made me just want to step up my game and my intentions as well. The language difference was not something that kept Jose and I from becoming amigos. I will say the bumpy roads in and out of San Ramone will not be missed. That made potholes in the states seem like a just a roller coaster compared to these. Made napping impossible. Its still an experience that is once in a lifetime. Words can not fully describe the emotions but the closest I can compare is that of Christmas morning excitement coupled with that of a Revival. Praise God for the work HE has done!

No comments:

What's in an Ace?

I'm Ace! Been writing poetry since I was 16 and love being able to share it with you. I love comments, good or bad, it's my art and I'm always looking to get better. l8er t8er!