Guatemala Day 4: God is Moving!

Oh my word! The kids in the Paradise Bound Orphanage are so cute. They just melt your hearts and make you want to scoop them up and take them home. There is little girl Sophia that has the best laugh. She just cackled today it lit up my day. There’s also a lil girl named Douche that had hip surgery in January and has a cast on from the waist down. She was a premmy and then dropped as a baby so her cast will be off soon. She loved to be held. It was amazing to watch her face light up. At one point, I had 4 kids on the floor playing, they kept trying to feed me chocolate cereal. It was hilarious. Then the rest of the day was filled up with playing games with kids and handing out medication at a village about 2 hours away. It’s hard to realize sometimes, when you have WALGREENS at home on the corner and you can run and pick up something to feel better or make your kids well, not everyone has that. Some families suffer from little things in their life when seeing the medication in hand from Paradise Bound makes all the difference. Once the games and meds were done, we showed the JESUS FILM and saw lots of people accept Jesus tonight. PRAISE GOD! Each day we share our God sightings and I had a pretty big one today. During the JESUS movie there were 2 guys in the back. One was being a distraction to his friend and seemed to be making a mocker of the movie. So I just started to pray. Asking God to bring their hearts in tune with His. Well a few minutes later they BOTH left. I was bummed to say the least but then I started to ask God to work on their hearts after they left and for the Holy Spirit to bring at least one of them back. AND HE DID!!! The best part is the guy accepted Jesus tonight and is changed forever. God is SO good! I can’t wait to do this again tomorrow. It’s sad to think about people NOT ever hearing about Jesus and then powerful to see lives changed. That’s what Radiating Christ is all about. This trip for me could not have come at a better time. I’m being challenged to dig into the word more. To put myself in the scripture as I’m reading and finally getting something out of it like never before. I also am learning not to throw around the word love. I love pizza, I love music, I love sunsets. I want to use it on things that are lasting and realizing just how much God wants to spend time with me daily. I look forward to that more each day. I came on this trip knowing it would be life changing. I’ve been on mission trips before and each trip changed me. This one has been NO different!

No comments:

What's in an Ace?

I'm Ace! Been writing poetry since I was 16 and love being able to share it with you. I love comments, good or bad, it's my art and I'm always looking to get better. l8er t8er!