Guatemala Day 1: The Adventure Begins!

The travel was as smooth as it could be. Typical flight and minus the wrong ticket I got with a woman's name no less, it's been really easy. :-) The team is great. They are passionate and full of good attitude. I think it's pretty amazing to see what God has done in assembling this team. You have just enough veterans and newbies mixed in like a bowl of chex mix that it's gonna be flavorful. I saw God today in the sunset from 10k feet above Georgia and then after the Bumpiest ride I've ever had, I got to the village and the stars were beautiful. Can't say it's not nice to be warm after the polar vortex. It was 56 as the night winds down. Laying here in my bunk listening to the guys make their beds and the girls giggling as they walk down the cement stairs to the "ladies room" that it feels like I'm 7 and back at camp. One of my teammates is trying to put up a mosquito net too which is pretty hilarious. The Paradise Bound team has prepared us for everything and while we all are giddy with fatigue, the early morning will come quickly and have us eager to serve as we build homes for the families here in need. I'm Praying that God keeps us well and safe so we can do His will but I know hearts will be changed this week as tears will be shed, comfort zones will be stretched and lives will advance for eternal glory.

No comments:

What's in an Ace?

I'm Ace! Been writing poetry since I was 16 and love being able to share it with you. I love comments, good or bad, it's my art and I'm always looking to get better. l8er t8er!