love's glutton

I'm finding that I have to write these words
as if the ink is pumping from my heart.
No matter the color, I bleed words of love
almost writing itself like a composition from Mozart.

no need for completion since we're not a puzzle
i truly want to feast on your love
it looks like gluttony from a distance
away from the table I can't seem to shove.

every part of you compliments the meal
i can't just eat from one side of the plate.
why share, it's a meal created for me alone
and I'm taking to it like fish to bait.

my fingers are lickin
or should i say I'm licking yours.
these words will never grow a chill
as your love now sweats out my pores.

i love how your love flavors the inside of my mouth
i'm finally noticing how juicy and wet.
this isn't a love to eat with untincils
so now to the table I set.

i'll never miss this meal,
it's the one i can have and not gain a pound.
tryin to feast on it a little each day
knowing there's enough to stay around.

as your smell drifts in and out of my mind
i find no reason not to feast on you.
i can only hope, only dream that mine is as much of a craving
that our flavors blend true.

the same meal may seem boring to others.
somedays it's spicy, somedays it's mild.
it's a meal they've obviously never had
cause if they did, they're own plateful would make them go wild.

like any meal, it accents my moods
the bad ones a killjoy even with the best intentions.
then there's yours that cures my blues
and allows room for my passions.

so as i start to run out ink
it must mean my heart is poured out.
only now i have a menu before me
and I'm waiter and get me some without no doubt.

Copyright 2007

No comments:

What's in an Ace?

I'm Ace! Been writing poetry since I was 16 and love being able to share it with you. I love comments, good or bad, it's my art and I'm always looking to get better. l8er t8er!