the blanket

i start with my needle sharply pointed like so,
stringing together my life moments full of pleasure and woe.
i take one and tie it to the next yardage
to create a comfort zone light enough to handle my baggage.

with the right colors that represent passions and lovers,
will bring beauty enough to deflect my bruises from others.
the dark ones which I still find soft to the touch
from years of breathing in the bottled fumes was way too much.

the thickness warms me as if i'm in my mother's arms,
to pull it back or leave these holes will only cause more harms.
carefully I check the seams that hold it together
the seams that seem with
time and age simply got stronger.

i hope one day i can pass it along,
it's gorgeous from love and my lessons from wrong.
so it goes on protecting all that is surrounds,
this heirloom i leave to wart off life's bloodhounds.

now that it's done with one side smooth and the other one rough.
it finally represents how lifesides deal with our stuff.
the ligher side laughs as it rolls off our back,
while the darker side screams and cries loud enough to make the walls crack.

only i can still remember the location of the bruise,
i somehow took joy that I'm better and my enemies lose.
cause I imagine their lifetime without a blanket this rare,
feels more lonely than any other nightmare.

copyright 2007

No comments:

What's in an Ace?

I'm Ace! Been writing poetry since I was 16 and love being able to share it with you. I love comments, good or bad, it's my art and I'm always looking to get better. l8er t8er!