the devil's sway

i will no longer follow in your diva ways
you dance the dance with two left feet.
hoping with enough flare
no one will be drawn to 'man behind the current'
which is masking your defeat.

that dance has been so exaggerated
that you are unaware that the music has stopped
and everyone around you sees your smoke and mirrors
that started way back when your cherry popped.

as you sit at the terminal that is your life,
each passenger files on and off the plane you treat like a buffet.
and you coat them with a condement of choice.
if only they board quickly they avoid might your dance of cha-chas, tangos and sways.

Copyright 2007

No comments:

What's in an Ace?

I'm Ace! Been writing poetry since I was 16 and love being able to share it with you. I love comments, good or bad, it's my art and I'm always looking to get better. l8er t8er!