Thrive

No one likes to hurt!

We never want to go back to a pain we once felt!

We try to undo the wrongs

In hopes that the scars might melt!


I say bring IT ON!

Not saying I want to live in misery,

My moments of pain draw my focus and inspiration.

That's why songs about pain sell much better then those that are happy.


In the ratio of our lives, what portion is pain?

What is happy or content?

God knows you can be content and not feel happy.

But in that muck We have friends He as sent.


It's seems worth it to go thru those bad times

so you are reminded who loves you and just how much.

You could choose to put that pain into something creative.

Instead of days filled with screams, yells and punch.


You know you wanna make others feel as bad as you,

it's not the right way to harness that energy.

The biggest joy out of pain is looking at what creative things you pulled out of yourself

With less demolition that leaves nothing but debris.


So embrace your pain!

Convert it into something amazing, full of love,

So you can put out the welcome mat

For an old friend out to show you what you are made of.

Copyright 2007

No comments:

What's in an Ace?

I'm Ace! Been writing poetry since I was 16 and love being able to share it with you. I love comments, good or bad, it's my art and I'm always looking to get better. l8er t8er!