Careless Whispers

You threw them out like a grenade
with no care for what damage you've done
One right after the other I can barely catch my breathe
Wondering when the hurt will stop
Or I have the strength to run

As I look around at the debris youve made
I feel like I'm at war
Yet you were once the place I found shelter
And I can barely get myself up off the floor

Your words don't reflect your head
I can't unhear what you've said
But now that your heart is exposed
I will rise out before I explode

Your words are careless
Your tongue caused such a mess
Yet I how do rise from how you've painted me
From the lingering thoughts that pins down what I want to be

No comments:

What's in an Ace?

I'm Ace! Been writing poetry since I was 16 and love being able to share it with you. I love comments, good or bad, it's my art and I'm always looking to get better. l8er t8er!